The Pro Build Construction was modelled to offer you the most high performance ski out there. Combine our PMI core with structural TexTreme Carbon and dampening Innegra and you’ll find nothing more technically advanced anywhere. Welcome to the future.
- Machined PMI Foam – lightweight-high density–most responsive
- Corflex – optimizing the flex in your skis turning
- TexTreme – lighter, stronger composites
- Innegra Technologies – reducing chatter for a more stable ride
- Hand made at Radar Lake, USA
Chris Rossi set out to recreate our new flagship ski with one goal in mind. He wanted to design a ski that carried more speed and generated better angle than anything on the market. Rounder bevels allow the ski to roll edge to edge quicker, ultimately sending you earlier into the buoy than ever before. A new concave gives the ski more support in the turn yielding tight, powerful turns that seem automatic. The final piece to the puzzle was our new rocker profile; moving the contact point closer to your feet makes the ski stay level throughout the entire pass. This increases speed behind the boat and allows you to carry this speed through the turn. The new Vapor is undoubtedly our best ski yet, give it a rip.
- Shape - A new outline profile for Vapor in 2018 completely redefines what we previously thought possible on a ski. More width through the tail makes the ski sit more level and allows speed to be carried more consistently than before. The area right under your front foot has an increased taper, which lets the ski move through the finish of the turn easier and allows the tip height to stay constant, ultimately increasing efficiency. The wide spot of the ski has been moved forward, which gives you the ability to stand over your front foot with confidence.
- Rocker - Rocker defines the pivot point on a ski; for 2018 we’ve moved that contact point closer to the ball of your front foot, which helps the ski pivot easier. The tight radius quick turns are then balanced with our new tail rocker lines that add tail support off the buoy, giving you the ability to build more speed from a wider point. The last piece to the rocker profile is our updated tip rocker. More height here helps the finish of the turn happen more quickly and with more stability.
- Concave - We’ve increased concave depth through the front half of the Vapor in 2018. This added depth gives the ski more lifting properties which translates into support for the skier. Due to the increase in concave depth and added mass in the middle of the ski, we’ve taken out the step found in the previous version of the Vapor. Removal of the step puts more pressure on the bevels of the ski and gives the ski the ability to roll on edge easier; this provokes more tip pull from apex to turn completion. More support combined with more pull is all any skier can ever ask for in a ski.
- Bevels - A new rounder bevel allows the Vapor to roll edge to edge more smoothly, provides the skier more ability to increase edge angle, and makes for smoother, more dynamic turns. The new bevels have increased contact with the water, which allow the ski to decelerate into the turn and allow the skier to have a tight line at apex. With the rope tight at the height of the turn the skier is able to generate speed from the wide point allowing for more angle and earlier lines in the course.
- CorFlex - The addition of corrugated contours through the tip of the ski allows it to flex when loaded at the finish of the turn. Through the utilization of CorFlex, the ski is able to flex more with the same amount of carbon in the layup. By keeping the same amount of carbon, more energy can be created through the loading and unloading process in the turn. The ski is easier to turn, quicker to accelerate, and creates space more efficiently before the buoy with the addition of CorFlex.